Who said pancakes were only for breakfast and dessert?
Skip the boring syrup ones and make this savoury-sweet pancake with cheese, greens and nuts. This hearty pancake taste especially awesome on a beautiful summer evening.
Actually, in the Netherlands we eat savoury (or sweet) pancakes for dinner all the time.
- 1 cup (120 gr) buckwheat flour
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/4 cup (300 ml) milk
- 1/2 bunch chives
- 14 oz (400 gr) silverbeet
- 2 Tbsp cognac
- 4 radish
- 1 cup (100 gr) goat cheese
- 2 Tbsp pecan nuts
- 4 Tbsp honey
- In a large bowl, mix the flour, eggs, 1/3 of the milk to form a batter.
- Then pour in 200 ml milk en the salt. Beat until you have a smooth, thick paste. Add the chopped chives.
- Heat a skillet over medium-high heat and brush with olive oil or butter.
- Scoop the batter onto the warm skillet, tilting the pan to move the mixture around for a thin and even pancake. Leave to cook until small bubbles form on the surface of the pancake, turn the pancake and cook this side for 1 minute, or until golden brown.
- Transfer the cooked pancake to a preheated plate. Repeat the process with the remaining batter.
- Heat a skillet over medium-high heat. Stir-fry the silverbeet in 2 Tbsp cognac. Pour 2 Tablespoons of the mixture on the pancakes and top with radish slices, pecans and soft goat cheese. Sprinkle with honey.