Collection of Information
Information You Provide. We generally collect personally identifiable information that you voluntarily provide. This information can be provide when you; sign up for our newsletter, create an account/register on our Website, complete a survey, post a comment to an article on our Website, enter a contest, or participate in our social networking features. Further, you may be asked to provide your email address, your name, buying preferences or other demographic or profile information, Twitter or Facebook usernames or other usernames and aliases used for purposes of linking to and/or posting on your social media accounts, and other information you choose to submit. We will collect such information as well as any other content that you provide to us in engaging in any of the above activities or any other activities on the Website.
Other Information We Collect. We and other parties may also collect information about your online activities over time and across third-party websites or other online services (behavioral tracking), such as pages visited and how often and for how long they are visited.
Web Beacons. We may also use “web beacons” or similar technologies, on the Website and in our communications with you to enable us to know whether you have visited a web page or received a message. A web beacon may enable us to relate your viewing or receipt of a web page or message to other information about you, including your personally identifiable information.
Location Information. We may, and may enable our advertisers to, collect your location via certain services we provide through digital applications, wireless access protocol services or mobile phone services. We, or the service provider, will inform you of such collection at the time you use the service.
General Usage Information. In addition, we may gather aggregate usage information about Website users on an anonymous basis. This information is not personally identifiable and will be used to determine how our Website is being used.
Use of Information
We typically use your information:
- to provide you with newsletters and additional information regarding products and services from LA.B or from others that may be of interest to you;
- to fulfill any other purpose for which you provide the information;
- to notify you, at our discretion, about changes to our Website or any products or services we offer or provide though it;
- to allow you to participate in interactive features on our Website;
- to gain insights that help us to make improvements to the design and performance of the Website;
in any other way we may describe when you provide the information; and
- for any other purpose with your consent.
We may disclose your information, including content or other data posted, uploaded or provided by you, if, among other things, we are required to do so by law or in the following situations and for the following purposes:
- to comply with legal process;
- to respond to claims that any content violates the rights of third parties;
- to respond to your requests for customer service;
- to protect our rights, property or personal safety, or the rights, property or personal safety of our users or the public;
- if the entity to which your information is disclosed is a third party who wants to promote goods and services that we believe would be of interest to you;
- if the entity to which your information is disclosed is our subsidiary, affiliate or parent company;
- when we utilize third party service providers to provide products, services or functions on our behalf (such as sending emails or fulfilling subscriptions), these service providers may use your information to carry out the purpose(s) for which we hired them, but not for any other purposes;
- otherwise with your consent or in accordance with your indicated preferences (e.g., you indicated you wanted to receive promotional materials directly from a third party partner); or
You can unsubscribe from receiving LA.B newsletters or commercial emails at any time. You can unsubscribe by clicking on the “Unsubscribe” link in the footer of any LA.B email and following the instructions, or by logging into your account on our Website, selecting “Subscriptions” and clicking “Unsubscribe” button on “My Newsletters” menu.
Occasionally, you may receive from us emails that may contain advertising or other content that was sponsored by third party retailers or businesses. These emails are not necessarily reflective of the opinions of our editorial staff. They are content paid for by our sponsors, and allow us to provide you with the free content we believe you will enjoy.
As a curator of information, LA.B often links out to other sites. We are not responsible for any content that appears on these sites, nor do we endorse them. Third parties may display advertisements on the Service and on such web sites. These advertisements may contain cookies, web beacons and other similar technologies. These third parties may collect information or insert cookies or similar technologies without our knowledge. LA.B is not responsible for the privacy practices employed by any third party.