Beetroots and soft goat cheese go together like peanut butter and jelly.”
The combo of sweet beetroots and creamy cheese is great. By adding baked onion and apple, sweet dressing, toasted pine nuts and fresh lettuce this dish becomes insane good. A veggie starter that will impress even the biggest foodie at your dinner table.
- 4 medium beetroots (a mixture of golden beets, red beets, Chioggia beets)
- 1 apple
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1 1/2 cup (150 gr) fresh soft goat’s cheese
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 Tbsp honey
- 2 Tbsp blackberry dressing
- 2 Tbsp pine nuts
- Salt to taste
- Trim the leaves from the beetroots. Place in a saucepan and cover with water. Bring to the boil, leave to simmer for 45 minutes. Drain and set aside.
- Heat a pan over medium-high heat, toast the pine nuts until they turn golden brown. Transfer to a bowl.
- Heat olive oil in a pan and saute the chopped apple and onion for 3-4 minutes. Lower the heat, add honey and cook for 3 more minutes, stirring occasionally. Transfer to a bowl and let it cool.
- Peel of the skin of the beetroots. Trim the tops and bottoms. Slice the beetroot into thin rounds (using a mandolin or sharp knife).
- Arrange the beetroot slices on 4 plates and set in fridge for 1 hour.
- Take the plates out of the fridge. Top each with arugula and spoon the apple and red onion on the arugula.
- Crumble goat cheese on top, cover with toasted pine nuts and drizzle blackberry dressing over the carpaccio.