Keep it cool with this outstanding iced coffee.
The soy latte’s and matcha cappuccino’s can wait until September. Now, all we can think about is the ice cold versions, right? Like this date almond iced coffee. It tastes somewhat like baileys, but without the alcohol, cream and granulated sugars.
Make sure to buy some new ice-cube trays, you definitely want this drink all summer long.
Prep time: 15 minutes + 3 hours in fridge
- 1/2 cup (+/- 100 ml) strong coffee or espresso
- 3 Tbsp date syrup
- 8 dates
- 1 3/4 cup (400 ml) cold almond milk
- Brew one cup strong coffee in a coffee maker. For a single serving use a ratio of 11 grams (0.38 ounces) coffee for 180 mL water (3/4 cup).
- Stir in the date syrup. Fill an ice cube tray with the coffee. Freeze for at least 3 hours.
- Boil water in a small saucepan. Add the dates and boil for a few minutes. Scoop them out of the water, allow to cool. Peel of the skin and remove pits from dates.
- Add the dates and almond milk to a food processor and blend until smooth and creamy. Let cool in the fridge for one hour.
- Fill your glass with coffee ice cubes, pour the chilled date almond milk overtop. Cheers!