Blueberries, strawberries, raspberries… Summer wouldn’t be the same without them.
Time to share a finger licking good recipe with red fruits, because everyone loves this. Don’t forget the vanilla ice-cream on the side.
Only craving crumbles during the winter season? Frozen berries are fine too.
- 1 1/2 cup (150 gr) fresh blueberries
- 1/2 cup (50 gr) raspberries
- 1/2cup (50 gr) strawberries
- 2 Tbsp agave syrup
- 2 tsp corn starch
- 1 cup (120 gr) spelt flour
- 3/4 cup (60 gr) old fashioned oats
- 1/3 cup (120 ml) agave syrup
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/3 cup (75 gr) butter
- 2 Tbsp chopped walnuts
- Preheat oven to 250°F (175°C or 180°C).
- In a medium bowl, toss the blueberries, chopped strawberries, raspberries, agave syrup and starch together until the berries are evenly coated in the mixture.
- In a separate bowl, mix together the flour, oats, egg, agave syrup, baking powder, and salt until combined.
- Add the butter and crumble it in with your hands until there no large clumps remain.
- Remove 1/3 of the crust dough for the topping and set aside. Press the rest of the dough in a medium tart tin.
- Add the blueberry mixture onto the crust, leaving any extra liquid from the berries in the bowl.
- Add the chopped walnuts to the remaining crumble dough that you set aside earlier, and sprinkle on top of the berries.